Accommodation on the Otago Central Rail Trail, Roxburgh Gorge and Clutha Gold Trails.
The Wedderburn Cottages on the Otago Central Rail Trail
Trail Journeys offer a free and comprehensive booking service on The Otago Central Rail Trail, The Roxburgh Gorge and Clutha Gold Cycle Trails.
Save time and let us arrange your choice of accommodation, budget, standard or luxury, along the trails with our FREE accommodation booking service - it will cost you no more than if you booked it yourself.
There is an array of cottages, lodges, B&Bs, holiday parks, motels and hotels to choose from in the Otago region. After we establish your requirements and budget, our knowledgeable team will arrange suitable accommodation and send the details for your approval.
Budget Accommodation is around $30 to $55 per person.
All Trail Journeys prices include bedding unless otherwise requested.
- - Generally does not include breakfast
- - Shared bathroom facilities
- - You may need to split your journey into some longer/shorter legs to take advantage of the lower priced accommodation.
Standard Accommodation is around $55 to $85 per person.
- Includes continental breakfast in almost all cases
- A mix of shared bathroom facilities or ensuite if available
Luxury Accommodation is priced from $75 per person
- Includes a continental or cooked breakfast
- All rooms with ensuite or private bathroom
- Some of the luxury options are lovingly restored heritage sites
As most of the Otago cycle trails accommodation providers only cater for small numbers, it is recommended that you pre-book or use our free itinerary planning and accommodation booking service. We can also arrange bike hire on the Otago Rail Trail, transport, off-trail activities and luggage transfers.
Camping is possible at various locations along the trails however, staying in accommodation means you don't need to carry sleeping bags and tents! There are very few freedom camping locations on the Otago Rail Trail however there are camping facilities in Omakau, Wedderburn, Ranfurly and Naseby; the latter is 15km away from the trail and external transport is required at your cost.
Benefits of booking your Otago accommodation with Trail Journeys:
• Trail Journeys offer a free and complete booking service on The Otago Central Rail Trail, The Roxburgh Gorge and Clutha Gold Cycle Trails.
• We have local knowledge of accommodation styles and budget.
• We are up-to-date with availability of each location throughout the year.
• You have only one bill to pay including your accommodation.