Contact us for more information
Casual – Fixed term/Seasonal – Peak season employment opportunities
During our in season (November - May) and especially Peak season, which runs from mid February until the end of April, Trail Journeys seek staff with great character attributes to fill the following positions.
First and foremost – you must be customer and team focused!
Duties will include bike maintenance and repairs; and general duties around the depot.
Some of the skills we look for are:
- Practical skills – the ability to service our bikes and perform basic repairs. We will provide comprehensive training for this.
- Bike washing, washing and cleaning of helmets and panniers. Cleaning and detailing of our vehicles.
- A hands-on proactive approach to any tasks that need doing.
- Setting up bikes for the next day's customers.
- Fitting customers on their bikes and assisting them at the start or end of their journey.
Duties will include:
- scheduled luggage runs
- transfers from depots to Queenstown
- train link runs
- chartered services
Requirements for these roles include:
- Physically fit - Loading and unloading bikes and luggage
- A passenger endorsement is a must and a class 2 heavy traffic license would be a bonus.
- A clean driving history (we do check) and a can do attitude.
- Good spoken English
- Like people
- Be likeable
- Hard working
- Must have good work references
Fixed term or seasonal.
Duties will include:
- Data input
- Itinerary planning
- general administrative duties
- customer interaction
These roles will become available when our workload increases and will be anything from one to two days per week to five days per week.
Trail Journeys have a great team of people, who are passionate about our region and the Rail Trail, and who are all committed to ensure that our customers have one of the best experiences of their lives with us.
So an outgoing personality and a 'can do' attitude is a must. Being a team player is essential and making sure our customers have a wonderful time, through excellent service and follow up, and going the extra mile, would be things we look for in a person we bring into our team.
If you believe you have the attitude and skills and you are interested in being part of the Trail Journeys Team in a role during our busy season then we are interested in talking with you.
Please send us some information about yourself (a CV) and tell us about yourself and why you think you would fit into our team.
CV's, in the first instance should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to:
Trail Journeys Limited
Attention: The Manager